All case study figures are based on per annum spend - unless otherwise stated.
Painting & Decorating
Business A: Had an annual Cost of Sales of $700,000 shared across a major paint supplier and several other specialist suppliers. We achieved total savings of 8.5% - $56,000 p/a.
This included savings of 10% with the major paint supplier and 7% with the specialist suppliers.
Business B: Had annual Cost of Sales of $72,000 with one major paint supplier. We achieved savings of 12% - $8,600 p/a.
Business A: A workshop garage with an annual Cost of Sales of $90,000. We achieved savings of 15% - $13,500 p/a. This included savings of:
• Parts - 12%
• Oils and lubricants - 9%
• Tyres - 20%
Piling, Drilling, Engineering
Working with two large companies we focused on their steel, telecommunications and plant repairs & maintenance costs.
Business A: With a spend of $400,000 in these areas, we saved them 8% - $32,000 p/a.
Business B: With a spend of $230,000 in these areas, we saved them 8% - $18,000 p/a.
Horse / Stock Feed
Our client is a racing stable and was spending $45,000 pa on one specific type of feed. We achieved savings of 12% - $5,400 p/a
We also achieved fuel savings of $2,600 p/a.
Business A: A glazing business with an annual Cost of Sales of $1,100,000. We negotiated savings of 4% - $44,000 p/a.
Purchase of Commercial or Residential property
• Client A was purchasing a holiday home in the Nelson region with an asking price of $920,000. We negotiated a great deal for them at $812,000 - saving $108,000.
• Client B was purchasing a lifestyle block in the Bay of Plenty. A benchmark price of $440,000 had been set. We negotiated a price of $395,000 - a saving of $45,000.
• Client A was purchasing a new truck and had been given the "best possible price" from the dealer. We negotiated additional saving of $120,000 - a further saving of 13.75%
• Client B was purchasing a new Hydraulic Excavator and had been quoted a price of $114,000 - we negotiated a purchase price of $91,200 - saving $21,600
• Client C was purchasing a new private vehicle with a list price of $29,000. We negotiated a price of $25,800 - saving $3,200
Client A was renting their business premises. The landlord was seeking a 7% increase with five year renewal/rollover terms. We were able to negotiate down to a 3.5% increase and three year renewal terms. The lease agreement was amended to give landlord favourable payment terms (2 months in advance) as a compromise. We then continued to work with the client to reduce their telecommunications costs by $4,000 per annum.